October 31, 2017

15mm US Forces
For
Tanks By Galeforce 9

My next finished platoon for Tanks by GF9. Four M4 Shermans with changeable turrets to play them as 75mm or 76mm version and one lonely M26 Pershing. Two of the M4 76mm earned their first hitmarks for destroying enemy tanks and surviving the battle.

As basecolor I used Revell Aquacolor Khakibraun then the tanks got some drybrushing with Revell Aquacolor Helloliv. After a wash with a 50/50 mix of GW Nuln Oil and War-Ter® I added some decals from the sparebook  (1/72 and 1/144 scale). Each of the Sherman hulls got an individual sign (Cross,Flower,Square,Arrow) to tell them apart while gaming. Sadly, the callsign decals got a little silverish because I forgot to add a glossy coat on that spot before applying them. For sealing I used Revell Aquacolor Clear/Matt as usual.

They still have no box, because I think I will add some more troops in the near future but more no this topic in two weeks (at least). But when the American tank force is finish I will get an old ammo box to store them properly.
I still have to finish the commanders of the tanks.

While this tank platoon is ready for some action I am still struggling with the decals for my British tank force. These fraking Battlefront decals keep sticking on the paper no matter how long I keep them in water and if I get them from the paper they are so §&$"$! thin that they tear apart so easy.
Even several layers of clearcoat and decals solution don not fix this problem.

I tried the 15mm decals from the Plastic Soldier Company and it was nice to work with them, no problems while I applied them. But in the PSC decal set are not all of the decals I need.
The next step is to order a third set of decals, this time from Skytrex or Dom's Decals, I hope this will be the last British decals I have to order to get the tank markings I want.

No comments: